Welcome to the web site of the Institute of Jainology
Our objectives are:
- Provide a platform for interaction between different Jain communities and organisations, where all sectarian traditions jointly promote the faith and engage in discussions amongst themselves, encouraging Jain unity.
- Promote interfaith relationships to create a better understanding of the Jain faith and to acquaint the Jain community with other faiths.
- Create an awareness of the history, art, philosophy, and practices of Jain faith, including its relevance to today’s world, particularly with regard to the respect for all living beings and environment.
- Provide opportunities for study of the faith, both at the community level and at institutions of higher learning.
- Facilitate scholarly research on Jainism through the establishment of scholarships.
- Undertake the cataloguing and digitisation of Jain manuscripts and artefacts.
In drawing up these objectives, great care was taken to ensure that all activities undertaken by the IoJ would both complement and supplement the activities of individual Jain community organisations, which have been providing the facilities for their members to practice their faith.
As a charity organisation, we depend on the support of our friends and patrons. Find out how you can help and donate.